Tuesday 23 October 2012





This is a drawing of Picasso's 'Weeping Women', created using water colour and biro. I chose this artist for my abstraction project because I believe that his random shapes and colour contrasts could be easily incorporated into my own work. From this piece I croped different areas and created them using different media's. This helped me pick out different shapes to create into patterns. I used this to create a wood piece in DT and for patterns in Textile. In the future this could help me create more patterns using different shapes but also help me with colour schemes and abstracting people.
Then I decided to create my own version using a different material and photographs. This relates to Picasso's work because it is distortion of the features and I have used the same colour scheme. I have developed it by making the shapes softer and less harsh because of the messy material I was using. Also instead of drawing on the feature I decided to use photographs so it would look like a cartoon,and make it more abstract. I think using oil pastels was a good idea for the colour because it makes it dynamic and vibrant.The problem I found with oil pastels was that you couldn't get a crisp shape and it was messy. To improve on this I would use a material that I am more in control of. From this outcome I could use the idea of photographs to abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment