Thursday 25 April 2013

FMP research- Raphael Vicenzi















From looking at Julie Verhoeven's work I decided to look at an illustrator who uses mix media in is illustration. I looked at Raphael Vicenzi's work because there is a lot of exciting, dynamic pieces which it what I'd like to create to have a successful exhibition. From looking at the use of colour in his piece we can see that it bursts of the page which makes these illustrations stand out and appealing to the eye. From first glance we can see that these illustrations and messy and have no real order. If we look closely we can see that eh text and markings have been specifically placed to get across the message of the illustration. In his work he uses a lot of layer and a wide variety of different materials, techniques and processes. One of the main elements to his illustrations is text. He creates the text to link to the images but also to give off different messages and ideas. Without reading the text we aren't able to understand what the image/ photograph is about. This illustrator has inspired me to experiment using a wide range of materials to show a depth of understanding for the illustration. When I create my own work, inspired from this, I am going to start by using tracing paper for the layer so I can see where everything needs to be placed and I can play around with composition.
























In my sketchbook I have started to experiment using different materials to show an understanding of his work. I have used biro to show crisp, vibrant lines. I did this to show the flow of movement in the shapes and illustrations present. I think this works well because it relates to the artist reference as I have given their artwork another dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment