Thursday 13 June 2013

FMP Research- Andy Warhol


Likewise to Andy Warhol's prints mine dehumanising the person as it is not actually them, it is a print of them. This question the idea of how you see the print. In comparison the Andy Warhol's art mine has bright, bold colours which makes it dynamic and exciting. Also likewise to Andy Warhol's work there is a strong contrast between the hair and the background which draws us to the hair and makes it dominant. There is a pop of colour on the page which fits into the movement of 'Pop Art'. My work is also blocky and bold like Andy Warhol's which makes the print strong because of the powerful colour. 
In contrast to Andy Warhol's work I have created an outline of the person which highlights her and shows the movement in the shape and makers her stand out. In comparison I think Andy Warhol's is more successful as the edges are crisp because the colour is tightly compacted together. 
Likewise my illustration is balanced because there is a equal amount of colour and shape on each side. Andy Warhol's prints are close towards the face which make them dominant compared to the background. 
I don't think my outcome was very successful because it does not have the softness in the mark making that Andy Warhol has. If I had soft tones it would blend to create depth and make the piece look 3 dimensional. Even though Andy Warhol's work is dynamic and exhilarating I don't think I'll use his process for my illustration because they are too blocky and bold. If the bottom layer was bright and bold with colour is would become dominant and fade out all the other layers. To overcome this I could experiment with the opacity tool but I would prefer to have my bottom layer more subtle so it contrasts with the other layers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment