Tuesday 11 June 2013

FMP- Fourth Illustration

I created the first layer of the model on Illustrator. After doing that I realised that the model looked flat and traced like a cartoon. I overcame this problem by using colour to create tone which gave it depth and made the model look more realistic because her features were highlighted. Adding the colour also gave the grounded texture which I could experiment on top of. As the faded colours worked so well I added more to give the illustration grounding which created patterned textures. I added linear illustration of the Acropolis to show the flowing movement of the lines and also because it fits in with my theme of Athens. These illustrations contrast with the bold, large areas of colour. I adding shadow to the Acropolis drawings which highlighted them so they would not fade into the background as they are not as vibrant as the other components. The busy text is randomly ordered which gives it a child like playfulness yet sophistication as the marks have been put together to create a highly complexed layer. The striking shapes create distress because they are overlapped and tightly compacted together which creates a busy composition. The shapes and colours used in this piece give it an abstract element as they are representational and not definite objects.
Having my model large scale was not that successful because she looks to linear and traced ,so if I was going to relate this again I would draw her on a smaller scale so the lines are closely compacted together and she would not dominate the page. I think the mixture of different colours overlaid worked well because it creates a textured pattern and has a child like playfulness to it which makes it fun.
If I was going to develop this illustration further I would add more coloured tone to the model to make her look three dimensional and more realistic. I would also play around with different patterns and opacity levels to make this illustration more intriguing and have more depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment