Thursday 6 June 2013

FMP-Greek Fashion Patterns

This is a page from my sketchbook where I was looking at Greek patterns.I decided to look at symbols and patterns in Greece to help with the designing of my illustrations. Also this helped with my understanding of clothing prints in Greece. In Athens I found a smartphone bar code. From this image I have create a pixilated design which I could possibly use on one layer. This would give it a modern twist and I could develop this design in different medias. This creation looks like a pattern and could be repeated as a print. After looking at patterns I decided to look at the flowing movement of the statue and  sculpture I found. I found these lines floral and organic. The sculpting in the statue is free. From this research I have found I'm going to take the shapes and colours from the patterns and create them as components for my layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment