Thursday 13 June 2013

FMP-Greek Layering Graffiti Sheet

From researching Raphael Vicenzi's fashion illustration I was inspired by the layering, textured effect present in his designs. I liked the idea of layering because they did not look like flat 2 dimensional drawings because the layering of each component gave it a 3 dimensional depth. His illustrations were busy and loud because text and imagery were randomly placed making them unbalanced and quirky. As the idea of layering inspired me I decided to experiment with it on tracing paper to play around with composition and materials. 
The materials I used were pro-marker pen, biro and pencil. Using the pro-marker pen created a pop of colour on the page which draws us in, creating excitement. The biro pen highlights certain areas making them dominant. Also using a biro shows successful flows of movement the marks create as it has free form. Using the pencil created tone which shows the contrast between light and shadow giving the shapes a 3 dimensional depth. 
The layering effect on this sheet gives it an element of abstraction because it is representational. The use of tracing paper fades the text and makes it indefinite. The busy text is randomly ordered making it loud as there is a lot going on. Using tracing paper has also blending the text together creating textured depth.
I think this sheet has worked well because it shows an effective depth into layering and also plays around with different combinations of materials. The idea of layering is successful because this process can also be created using the MAC computers with the layered tool on Photoshop. By creating layers on the MAC I can easily play around with composition and remove stuff I do not want. For further development I am going to using this layering process in different media such as clay and graphics. I am going to do this to see which media is the most crisp and clean for my final outcomes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment