Friday 7 June 2013

FMP- Exhibition plan

 
 





 
This is my first rough design layout for my exhibition. I would like the boards to be in a cwtch shape so that it's close together. With them being like this they compliment each other as certain components have similar shapes and colours.I would like my illustrations to be on a large scale. Having them large will make them dynamic and vibrant, and will also show the intricit detail. I'm not too sure on having an AO sized illustration because I think it could be too overpowering on the board. To develop from this I am going to create my final outcomes and experiment further with the layout to discover which looks the most professional and successful.
In the process of making my illustrations I have decided to change the layout to a more symmetrical shape. I think this would be beneficial because it would balance it out. I have also decided to only use A1 size printing because the scale is still dynamic and the public will be able to see the layering of the textures. Using AO sized paper would be too overwhelming and that certain illustration would be the main focus, which isn't what I want. For further development I'm going to complete my final outcomes and print them out small scale. This way I am able to play around with the order of the illustrations and it will be less cost effective.
 









After creating my final outcomes and printed them out A1 I found that one of my illustrations were not as successful as the other three. The less successful illustration did not have an unbalanced composition like the others and when printed it was not as clear and bold. So I decided to use just the other three instead because they all linked because they had similar colour palettes and drawings. While setting up the exhibition I decided to mount my illustrations on foam board to give it depth and make them look less flat. Attaching foam board to the illustrations was difficult because the printing was large scale so it would not stay in the accurate place I wanted. I overcame this by asking someone to help me place the illustration onto the foam board. Using the foam board has worked well because my work has been mounted away from the board and looks 3 dimensional. 
The problem that occurred with only using three illustrations was that I had been assigned four boards in the exhibition. As I did not have any other final outcomes I decided to create a development board to show the public where I got my inspiration from and also that I did not randomly come up with these ideas. On the development board I create a collage to show a mixture of ideas and textures. Using masking tape and pins, I attached the work to the board. The masking tape worked well because it made it look grungy and looked as if it was an idea board. Also this board contrasts with the clean, crisp boards with the illustrations on them. My sketchbook is also present in my exhibition to support the idea developments and inspiration. 
I think my exhibition layout has worked well because there is a contrast between the clean, crisp illustration boards and the grungy idea board. Also having an idea board gives the public direction of my project and shows the development process of my illustrations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment