Thursday 6 June 2013

FMP- Unsuccessful Design


As my previous illustrations were unsuccessful I decided to create a piece using different areas from my book, to create my layers. I used an illustration I had produced for my first layer and developed other layers to create a final illustration. From my book I looked at different techniques I had produced, using artist referencing. From my book I choose my developed work from Cy Twombly. Cy Twombly creates scratchy, grunge patterns using ink and paint.  I scanned in different techniques from my book such as water colour and biro so that I had a variety of texture and depth.
This illustration I have produced is busy and has a strong contrast of line which shows the flow of movement. The illustration has no real order which is what makes it unsuccessful. This effects the composition because the layers look like they have been randomly place. This illustration does not really link to my artist research that I have found. To relate this to my artist research I need to make this illustration more clean by thinking about the composition and having plain areas. Also I need to add subtle lining to the model layer because it looks too bold and over powering. The model in this illustration looks too traced and unrealistic, which makes her look flat. If I was going to use the model as a bottom layer again, I would take the layer into photoshop and add colour to create tone, which would make it 3 dimensional.
I don't think I am going to use this as one of final illustration because it isn't clean and crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment