Saturday 8 June 2013

Object- Abstract IPods

For my Object project I decided to do my iPod because it is personal to me and it has a lot of different element I can experiment with. 
As I am interested in fashion I created a repeated pattern of my iPod to go on a fabric print. In development to this I was going to carve out certain areas and print  them using quick print. This word make it look blocky and bold.
I then decided to create a second design  in development to my first. I played around with scale and the shapes present in the first design. By doing this it made my design abstract as it isn't read as an iPod anymore. It is seen as more of a pattern.
I then further developed my designs by experimenting with negative space. This created a memory of a shape and made the rest of the composition look like a shadow. 
The materials I used were watercolour and pencil. I used watercolour to show the colour of the iPod even when it had been abstracted. It also created tone with gave it a 3 dimensional depth. I used pencil for shading to emphasise the contrast between light and shadow.
I think these outcomes worked well because I have furiously abstracted my iPod and now it is read as something different. Also these 3 designs show a development process. 
To further my development with these designs I would take them into photoshop and use the shapes to create minimalist graphic designs. These would be suitable for garment printing or interior design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment