Saturday 8 June 2013

Homage to Books Artist Research Rob Ryan



 
Rob Ryan's work show a world of beauty  with people and love. In his creation the background is always white and the people in colour which pales the composition for the main focus to be the people. He does this to emphasise the love and emotion of the people because their love for each other is the only thing that matters in his work. In his creations he often has a border which is perceived as a protective bubble for the people. We get the idea that it's safe because of the fixed, bolder lines used to create it which makes it look powerful. With Rob Ryan's work most people have or will have these experience which relates to the public. His work is created on large scale which is powerful and it overwhelms us with emotion. This process he uses is fiddly and time consuming because he has intricate detail to show the textures of the surrounding areas and also the shadow.  Doing this creates depth.

From looking at Rob Ryan's work I tried to create my own design using his process. This process didn't work well because it was difficult to create intricate detail on small scale. If I was going to do this again I would plan my outcome first and decide which areas I was going to carve out. If I created a successful design of this I would develop it to make a print so there would be texture and reflection.
In comparison to Rob Ryan's work mine isn't as meaningful as his because everyone can relate to his where as mine was from book. My work was unsuccessful because I drew the shapes out I wanted to carve where as Rob Ryan does his work free hand. With Rob Ryan's work he uses the contrast of white and colour to create emotion and tone. In my work I have just used a plain sheet of paper. If I was going to do this again I would use a more vibrant colour sheet so that it would be dynamic and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment