Saturday 8 June 2013

Homage to Books Rolling Process


For my project I decided to experiment with the rolling process as I had never used it before and wanted to add an element of ceramics in my work to show variety. While doing this process I found it awkward to roll the clay around the tube because it would either break or the size would be inaccurate. To overcome this I made sure I measured the tube against the clay to get the correct size and I rolled the clay out to a medium thickness using the guides to help me. I enjoyed doing this process because there wasn't a lot of refinement to do as the edges of the clay were flat because it is a cylinder. This process worked well because my outcomes were successful as I concert rated on getting the shape and size accurate for my tubes. Using the press stamps works well because they created clean and crisp letters and didn't dismantle the shape. To develop this further I word experiment with different sizes to have a variety of scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment