Sunday 9 June 2013

FMP-Printing on Fabric




After creating a series of mono prints I developed them onto fabric. I did this because using fabric is relevant to fashion and it helped me decided whether or not to include drawing on fabric in my final illustration. Using the fabric pen worked well because the colours were bright and visible making the pattern powerful and eye catching. The problem with the fabric pen it looked to flat and needed an element of tone to give it depth. I think that using fabric pen has worked well because the marks are dominant. The problem I have with the fabric pen design is that the black areas are too bold and overpower the actual print. If I was going to create this again I would choose a more subtle colour to show shadow so it would not be so overwhelming. Creating my mono print on fabric has not worked well because the mark making is faded and looks dull. Even though some areas are clear it is not bold enough for my illustrations. Using mono print on fabric has not worked well because the fabric moves a lot when you apply the ink because it is stretchy. If I was going to do this again I would think about stretching the fabric out then applying to ink so I would have a more definite print. From these experiments I have decided that I am not going to use fabric because the outcomes are not crisp and clean to a professional standard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment