Sunday 9 June 2013

FMP- Experimenting with Print




From the graffiti I found down Bridgend Recreation centre I decided to look at the  flow of movement within the mark making. I did this to experiment with continuous line which made the graffiti look organic as it was free. Taking the idea of layering I created mono prints using 3 different colours and placed them on one another. By doing this it gave it texture because the lines mirrored each other also creating shadow. Using a range of different colours made it look like fireworks so the colours exploded off the page. This made the mono print look vibrant and dynamic as they are bold and exciting. The mono prints look abstract as the graffiti is no longer read as graffiti. I think this design could be used as a surface pattern or an all over print. I think these outcomes were successful because the graffiti has been developed into a exhilarating pattern. Also having the background white emphasises the colour as there is a strong contrast. I'm going to develop these prints by applying them on fabric and experiment with how they could be displayed on a garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment